Welcome to KMess Bug Tracking site
These pages are used to organize to-do items and bug reports of KMess which are reported at the forums. You can also look around here to get an impression of the current developments, or find the tutorials to participate with us!
Pending Tickets for KMess 3.0
For KMess 3.0, these tickets require our attention:
- Add more features to the global settings dialog
- Automatically submit crashes by e-mail
- Start file transfer if direct connection setup is slow (also fixes Kopete 0.12.6)
- Support decline response for a SLP transfer invitation
- Implement webcam receiving/sending
- Get more Oxygen artwork
- Closing the SB when a DC file transfer is running, causes wrong UI updates.
- Support STUN for fast file transfers
- Check kmess 2 for memory leaks
- Clear up KMesses debug output and make a difference between warnings and errors
- Add the possibility to use any picture as the contact lists' and chat window background
- Allow a themable KMess interface and make a WLM2009-ish theme
- Improve file transfer options
- Implement Messenger 2009's chat groups
- Simultaneous logins to one account should be made impossible by locking
- Create CMake code for using bundled/system libkmess and isf-qt
- Improve appearance of offline-im messages
- Option to switch between personal status messages
- Integrate UPnP support with the file transfer code
- Inform the user when file transfers will abort [needs love]
- Implement protocol commands for phone settings
- Reimplement drag'n'drop of Custom Emoticons and Contacts
- Fix possible stale p2p applications with no waiting timer running
- Implement second INVITE back for direct connection setup
- Detect when KMess can become the direct conneciton server
- Support reverse direct connection invitations by the contact for the p2p sessions started by us
- Support aborting the data preparation message
- Find out when WLM sends a 0x40 message.
- Find out what happens when a 0x04 message is sent during a file transfer
- Improve P2PApplication::testUnAckedMessages() to send errors too
- Find out what the 0x06 message means
- Detect multiple external IP addresses for the direct connection invitation
- Send a '481 No Such Call' error when a Call-ID is not known
- Display a debug report at the console if there are p2p sessions active while closing the last switchboard
- Test what happens when a switchboard connection is closed while receiving a file
- More subtile notifications (employer mode)
- See if we can make use of KConfigXT
- When the direct connection closes, move any pending messages to the SB instead
- Implement privacy settings to prevent IM spam
- Improve tabbed chat support, add advanced features
- Implement support for the KDE-IM bridge (KIMIface)
- Support voice conversations
- Check for P2P support before starting file transfers
- Verify if chat styles can be integrated with Kopete's and Adium's
- Implement the extra MSNP15 features
- Add a connection command queue
- Make ink drawing nicer by using antialiasing and pressure sensitivety
- Add ability to customize the appearance of contact list items
- Emoticon blacklist (or contact menu items) should be easier to find
- Add code to `configure' to give options directly to cmake
- Implement per-contact notifications
- Create an option to sort groups in alphabetical order
- Reuse the same Add Contact window for all incoming requests
- Add a context menu for unsent, sent and received inks
- Support MSN Plus! Live Sounds
- Give the message editor some rich text capabilities
- Sending a temporary file gives the file an incorrect extension
- Implement audio conversations
- Give the settings a little do-over
- Gnome integration: Use notify-send instead of knotify?
- Make restoring a session more clear
- A KMess exclusive feature: Webcam conferencing!
- Integrate file transfers with Plasma progress notifications, and/or showing them in a QDockWidget
- Evaluatie KIO::AccessManager
- Request a usability review at Open Usability
- Allow disabling notifications for blocked contacts
- Implement away-idle support for Windows
- Implement away-idle support for Mac OS
- Implement the systray screenshot code for Windows
- Add voice clips support
- Be able to export/import the contactlist
- Check what happens when the Windows firewall blocks the DC server socket
- Add optional cmake check for kdebase-runtime
- Add socket error management to direct connections
- Allow disabling chat logging for specific contacts
- Add feedback for successful contact/group additions
- Show warnings for words blocked by the MSN wordfilter
- Add option to automatically accept incoming files
- Optionally embed transfer window in the contact list window
- Add the "blocked" overlay image to the contact avatar as well, and move the overlay over the current status icons to the left
- Check or add notifications for completing file transfers
- Things to change for the Mac version of KMess
- Investigate sending of handwriting to MSN Mobile clients
- Handle "server is too busy" in library
Got a serious problem?
» First, take a look at our Emergency Report,
in case we might already have fixed it! Otherwise, keep on reading!
Want to file a bug?
» Please report the bug at our forum and we'll add it here. «
For the rationale behind this policy, please take a look at the Tickets usage page.
If you've written a patch, you can post it at the forums, or e-mail it to "patches" (at) "kmess.org".
Looking to participate?
Since KMess is an Open Source project, you're also welcome to participate. We can use your help too!
How you can you help:
- Create a chat style
- Improve the manual
- Improve translations
- Make a suggestion at the forums!
- Beta testing of the code in svn, and report bugs at the forums!
- Blog about us!
- Write code to add new features and fix bugs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to obtain debugging logs to help the developers resolve bugs
- How to compile KMess development versions
For new programmers
Stuff to get started:
- Finding memory leaks
- Compiling KMess for Windows (experimental)
- Compiling KMess for Fink (Mac OS X - even more experimental)
MSN Messenger information:
Put any Wiki pages here used as scratch pad for idea's and archived discussions.